Some Things I Am Thankful For
As we approach Thanksgiving, it's important to bring to the forefront the things for which we are thankful. (Syntax FTW.) I am, of course, extremely thankful for all the usual things, like my family and my friends and my dog and my bacon. This year, though, I thought I'd make a list of some of the more esoteric things I'm thankful for, because I know you've been sitting there for quite some time now thinking, "I wonder if Clayton's grateful for tuna melts." (I'm not.)
Here they are, in a very specific order that I refuse to reveal:
- The Word "Skullduggery"
- Highball Glasses
- The Rise of Geek Culture
- Shirley Jackson
- Old-Timey Gold Prospectors
- Stories About Genies, Ifrits, and Other Magical Creatures Often Found in Deserts
- The Surname "Blankenship"
- The Gotham City Rogues Gallery
- Disconcerting Fairy Tales
- Rope Swings
- Magic Potions Brewed In Cauldrons
- Magic Potions Stored In Beakers
- Magic Potions Accidentally Spilled Onto the Ground With Surprising Ecological Effects
- Abandoned Cars Sinking Slowly Into Swamps
- Obscenely Long Poster Tubes
- 4-Color Ballpoint Pens
- Secret Codes
- Hidden Places
- People Who Overuse Puns at Great Personal Risk
What are you thankful for this year?