Fellow Midwestern author John Bryant (you should click here and buy his book, DO IT) tricked me into participating in #8TerribleTitles, a fast-paced thrill ride of an adventure game for authors that's sweeping the nation! Here's how it works, as per Mr. Bryant:
- Open your manuscript and scroll to a random passage.
- The word or phrase where your cursor lands is your first terrible title.
- Repeat until you have eight terrible titles.
I've decided to use my upcoming all-ages fairy tale adventure series kick-off novel Mabel Gray and the Wizard Who Swallowed the Sun to pick out my terrible titles. BUT SPOILER ALERT: They're not terrible titles. They're outstanding titles. And they make me want to write eight new books just so I can put them to good use.
At any rate. Here they are!
- Right Into the Dark
- Somewhere Less Dangerous, I Hope
- Only the Three Statues
- Pretend to Be a Witchologist
- Three Irascible Fire Daemons
- Voice Trickery is Considered Low Magic
- Dying Alone in the Throat of a Dragon
- A Great Bit of Magic that Glows Blue Around the Edges
Oh, and if you want more Mabel, click here for a sneak peek!